Saturday, March 29, 2014

Born from forbidden love and 1200-year-old promise

Thank you for having me as a guest on your blog Jean. I’m excited to be here.

Welcome Angela. Please get comfortable and tell us about your writing adventure.

Angela Hayes
When did you first consider yourself a writer?

I have only, since my publication date, begun to consider myself a writer. I feel like it’s a vindication of my hard work. Until then I was hesitant to tell anyone I was a writer. Like I didn’t have anything to back up what I claimed to be.

How many books have you written? Which is your favourite?

I have another full manuscript waiting on edits, and three more in various stages. One lacks a few chapters from the first draft being complete and the two others still have a way to go.

Can you give us some details about your upcoming release/s?

LOVE’S BATTLE is very dear to my heart. I’d really go as far as putting it on par with my first born! The first in a trilogy, I hope to have books two and three done and submitted to my wonderful editor by the end of the year.

In which genre do you prefer to write and why?

I love romance. But more than that I love fantasy and paranormal. Something that takes both the reader and the writer outside of their everyday life.

Who are some of your favourite authors?

I love Janet Evanovich, Patricia Briggs, and Linda Howard to name a few. I recently watched the movie The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey and thought it was awesome, so now I’m looking forward to reading Tolkien for the first time.

When you are not writing, what are your hobbies, passions, etc?

I recently taught myself to knit- it’s slow going. I’ve been working on the same pattern for a month now! I hope to finish it sometime this century!!! I also crochet- this is much easier for me as it is my first love. I am also a Pinteret-er. I cannot tell you how many hours I spend on that site daily- it’s the great time suck. I sit down at the couple and two hours are gone in what seems like five minutes.

Tagline: “If love isn’t worth fighting for, what is?”

Blurb: LOVE’S BATTLE

Love Howard has more than a knack for matchmaking. Born from a forbidden passion and a twelve-hundred-year-old promise, she and her sisters can literally see true love. And while Love has no problem bringing other couples together, her own romantic life could use a little help.

Danton DeAngelo has always been well grounded in reality. So it throws him for no small loop when the woman he’s fallen for believes that she’s been reincarnated eleven times and can actually see true love.

Now Danton is faced with the biggest decision of his life. Accept Love for who she really is, or walk away from her forever.

EXCERPT:
            The hand Love pressed to her brow was visibly shaking. “There’s something I need to tell you. I just need you to keep an open mind.”
            “What is it? Are you sick?” Danton asked.
            “No, I’m not sick.” Her voice trembled on a forced laugh. “It’s something else. Something I‘ve been trying to prepare you for. This would be so much easier if you believed in magic. If you could believe that what I’m about to tell you is the honest truth.”
            Turning, Love opened the iron chest, the hinges groaning with the effort as specks of rust littered the floor. From its depths she pulled out a clear plastic bag that she held tight to her chest, eyes closed, before handing it to a confused Danton.
            “This is my tartan, my plaid. Before it faded and was dinner for the moths, it was once patterned in checks of green, gray, and brown. The purple and white stripes that ran through the hem identified the wearer as part of the royal family.” Love tapped the plastic, her finger pointing out where each color should be. “It was a gift from my father. The first and only time my sister’s and I met him, he was on his deathbed, we were eighteen. A week later our mother died in the same moment he drew his last breath.” Needing the extra air Love drew a breath of her own. “That day was the thirteenth of February, eight-hundred and fifty-eight AD. My father was Cinaed mac Alpin, crowned king of the Picts and Gaels. He was Scotland’s first king.”
            “Eight- hundred and fifty-eight?” That couldn’t be right, she was only twenty-five. “Don’t you mean Nineteen-eighty-seven?”
            “No. I was born for the first time in Scotland during the middle of the ninth century.”
BIO:
A married mother of two, I split my time between bringing characters to life by computer, and yarn to life with needle and hook. You can find me at www.authorangelahayes.blogspot.com, or email me at author_angelahayes@yahoo.com. I’d love to hear from you.

Buy link:  http://bit.ly/LovesBattle
BookTrailer: http://youtu.be/t2_eJMzk9wA  or embedded you tube link   :<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/t2_eJMzk9wA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>




5 comments:

  1. Thank you for having me today Jean. The questions were great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your new release, Angela! Good luck with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Danton DeAngelo...I like your hero's name! Best wishes with your book!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angela. It kind of rolls off the tongue and once I said it, it stuck in my brain. I can personally say I like your name too!!!

      Delete